Friday, March 26, 2010

Yamaha Mu100r

Well all messing about with the Roland PMA-5, stirred up my interest in the whole GS/XG synth era. When computers had'nt reached the point where they could even play back midi files properly let alone with any quality.
To get any musical results, hardware was necessary, and to fill this demand, Roland and Yamaha entered into an arms race with two fairly compatible tightly defined specs for midi playback- XG and GS.
Apart from the PMA-5 Ive never had access to an advanced GS or XG machine. While I on a computer I have dabbled with various peices of software with good results, felt the urge to check out a XG box.
Enter the Yamaha MU100r, a monster XG module with capacity for two of Yamahas PLG synth daughter boards.
Currently I have VL and AN boards installed. The VH harmoniser board I swapped out for the AN.

No comments:

Post a Comment