Saturday, January 16, 2010

Editors for the Roland PMA-5

There were quite a few applications created for the Sound Canvas range of products over the years. Many of these are getting hard to find, but so far I've found a couple that are useful.

GS ADVANCED EDITOR 4.0.

I believe this was Rolands offical editor for the SC55 and SC88 series. Its quite hard to find online, fom memory I found an old dead lnk and retrived it using www.archive.org. Had a look last night, but still can't find where I found it.
Anyway GSAE is the most complete editor for the PMA-5 I have found. Other than it not having all of the correct patch name listed, because its was intended for the SC55, it gives access to the entire sound engine.
Its biggest limitation is that the interface uses numerical settings for everything. Its a very precise way of working, but it feels like using Excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment